Uploaded video is stored as a folder chunked to 1 GB segments

gahoo

Uploaded video is stored as a folder chunked to 1 GB segments

Post by gahoo » Fri Jul 26, 2024 5:19 am

Hi, recently uploaded mp4 files via web interface using either drag and drop or selecting several files to download to a folder.
Snip - Blomp Cloud Storage - Dashboard.png
And it looks like folder rather than a mp4 file. Inside the folder I have subfolder 'segments' and each contains 2 files 1 GB size each.
Snip - Blomp Cloud Storage - Dashboard (2).png
So the question is:
1. are those file corrupted and I can't anyhow restore them? That was the only copy, that I uploaded and removed from my PC.
2. how that happened that during upload I don't see any error that files are not uploaded fully? Those segments are useless, I can't tie them together and have my video back, so I expect if the file upload fails to see the failure message rather than folder with the same filename as the file was.

BlompSupport

Re: Uploaded video is stored as a folder chunked to 1 GB segments

Post by BlompSupport » Fri Jul 26, 2024 1:04 pm

gahoo wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 5:19 am
Hi, recently uploaded mp4 files via web interface using either drag and drop or selecting several files to download to a folder.
Snip - Blomp Cloud Storage - Dashboard.png
And it looks like folder rather than a mp4 file. Inside the folder I have subfolder 'segments' and each contains 2 files 1 GB size each.
Snip - Blomp Cloud Storage - Dashboard (2).png

So the question is:
1. are those file corrupted and I can't anyhow restore them? That was the only copy, that I uploaded and removed from my PC.
2. how that happened that during upload I don't see any error that files are not uploaded fully? Those segments are useless, I can't tie them together and have my video back, so I expect if the file upload fails to see the failure message rather than folder with the same filename as the file was.
Hello Blomper,

We are really sorry that your files appear as segments. :? Please give us some time to review and fix the issue. Thank you in advance for your patience.

Best Regards,
- Blomp support

Check out our video! Trust me, you're going to blomping love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnAFs3H3bw&t=70s

BlompSupport

Re: Uploaded video is stored as a folder chunked to 1 GB segments

Post by BlompSupport » Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:59 am

Hello Blomper,

Thank you for your patience.

We carefully reviewed and addressed the issue, conducting tests to confirm that it has been resolved. Unfortunately, we cannot recover your video, as it appears it was not fully uploaded.

Next time, when you upload your videos please take into consideration the following steps.

1. Wait until your video is 100% uploaded.
2. Do not interrupt the uploading process.
3. Once you receive the notification that the video has been uploaded, please review it by right-clicking on the video and selecting "Play." If the upload was successful, you should be able to view the video via Blomp. If it's not working, please ensure that the video plays correctly on your PC.

If you’ve followed all these steps and are still experiencing issues or errors, please report them to us, and we will investigate the problem

Best Regards,
- Blomp support

Check out our video! Trust me, you're going to blomping love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnAFs3H3bw&t=70s