Question about the terms of service

c4TkZpV

Question about the terms of service

Post by c4TkZpV » Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:23 pm

It seems like my account has been removed or deactivated. I can still login to this forum, but it shows a wrong account creation date of Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:45 pm. But my account should have been created in 2021.
As I found out this cloud service in the free tier has a new, or for me new atleast, inactivation period of 30 days. This is not mentioned in the terms of service that I am checking out every 90 days. Instead it is only written on certain pages that I don't see when I login to check on my files. Alas I have never received any email about the 30 days inactivation period, because it probably landed in spam and was deleted after 14 days.
So could you please add the paragraph about inactivity periods in the terms of service and is this account and the files (really not important ones) now gone?

BlompSupport

Re: Question about the terms of service

Post by BlompSupport » Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:31 am

Hello c4TkZpV,

Happy Monday! :)

We’re sorry to hear that your account was suspended due to inactivity. :?
You’re correct that Blomp is completely free to use. However, to keep your account active, you need to log in at least once every 30 days. This information you can find on the main page of our website under the "Free and Paid Plans" section and is self-explanatory. (Review screenshot)

Additionally, all users receive warning emails before their accounts are deleted, so please check your inbox or spam folder.

The good news is that you can still recover your account! Please follow the recovery steps here:

https://support.blomp.com/viewtopic.php ... 92d6025083

If you have further questions please let us know. We are here to help.

Best Regards,
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 12.20.31.png
- Blomp support

Check out our video! Trust me, you're going to blomping love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnAFs3H3bw&t=70s

c4TkZpV

Post by c4TkZpV » Mon Aug 19, 2024 3:21 pm

Thank you for your fast reply.
BlompSupport wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:31 am
However, to keep your account active, you need to log in at least once every 30 days. This information you can find on the main page of our website under the "Free and Paid Plans" section and is self-explanatory. (Review screenshot)
It is only implied in this view of your screenshot that you need to login every month with the free tier. So you can only guess. It is not directly written in the free 20GB tier table you posted in the screenshot, I find this quite misleading.

The instructions you sent me don't really help me. After entering my email amit@byom.de it should check the account status, but it just says reactivate the account for 5 usd. How do I even know if there still something on there. This is not a status check for me.

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:48 am

Hello c4TkZpV,

You are welcome.
It is only implied in this view of your screenshot that you need to login every month with the free tier. So you can only guess. It is not directly written in the free 20GB tier table you posted in the screenshot, I find this quite misleading.
No worries. To avoid any confusion, we'll be posting details about the monthly logins on our website soon.
The instructions you sent me don't really help me. After entering my email amit@byom.de it should check the account status, but it just says reactivate the account for 5 usd. How do I even know if there still something on there. This is not a status check for me.
If your account were still active, you would have seen a message indicating so (see the attached screenshot).
Furthermore, you mentioned that you haven’t logged in for over 30 days, which means your account has been already suspended.

The reactivation fee is $5. Once reactivated, all your uploaded files will be restored. If you encounter any issues with reactivation, we can assist you once we receive proof of payment.

Thank you for making Blomp a better user-friendly space. If you have further questions or concerns please contact us.

Best Regards,
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-08-20 at 11.39.34.png
- Blomp support

Check out our video! Trust me, you're going to blomping love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnAFs3H3bw&t=70s

c4TkZpV

Post by c4TkZpV » Tue Aug 20, 2024 7:46 am

BlompSupport wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:48 am
If your account were still active, you would have seen a message indicating so (see the attached screenshot).
Furthermore, you mentioned that you haven’t logged in for over 30 days, which means your account has been already suspended.
Well thank you for explaining that to me, there must be a timespan when the data gets fully deleted and not only the account locked. That is why I didn't understand why one should pay a 5 USD fee without knowing if the data is still there. When would be the maximum timespan when all files are deleted?
When was this rule introduced, because for me it seems that it wasn't really enforced in the past.
BlompSupport wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:48 am
The reactivation fee is $5. Once reactivated, all your uploaded files will be restored. If you encounter any issues with reactivation, we can assist you once we receive proof of payment.
Best Regards,
All right, as the data was only old programs and even older videos that I deleted off the pc I really wouldn't pay 5 USD. Maybe 1 USD as a thank you for storing these for three years.

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Wed Aug 21, 2024 1:44 pm

Hi Blomper,
Well thank you for explaining that to me, there must be a timespan when the data gets fully deleted and not only the account locked. That is why I didn't understand why one should pay a 5 USD fee without knowing if the data is still there. When would be the maximum timespan when all files are deleted?
When was this rule introduced, because for me it seems that it wasn't really enforced in the past.
The suspended accounts are kept in our system for 180 days and deleted afterward. The self-activation feature was implemented last month. For more information please check our post Account Reactivation Feature: Get Back to Blomp-ing in a Snap! - https://support.blomp.com/viewtopic.php ... c5eb#p4461
All right, as the data was only old programs and even older videos that I deleted off the pc I really wouldn't pay 5 USD. Maybe 1 USD as a thank you for storing these for three years.
If you prefer not to pay the $5 fee to reactivate your account, that's perfectly okay! You can open a new account for free and enjoy 20GB of storage. You're always welcome to use our Blomp's services.

If you have more questions feel free to reach out.

Best Regards,
- Blomp support